Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

operation cardi

Operation Cardigan is officially over and I declare it a success.  Not only did I make ruthless decisions about which sweaters to toss or donate, but I learned a lot of the same things that Melanie learned, the worst of them being that I dress super boring.  I wear jeans almost every day and I hardly ever accessorize.  I blame Ezra, but I don't hold it against him.  Wearing a scarf, earrings, necklace, bracelet, or even an embellished tee shirt gets difficult when your six month old thinks everything is his personal chew toy and proceeds to soak anything within grabbing distance with drool.  My goal for the next six months is to get dressed every morning.  I don't mean just put on clothes, I mean get dressed, meaning putting thought into if pieces coordinate and complement each other so that I don't mentally smack my hand into my forehead when I run into someone I know at the grocery store and I'm wearing jeans with holes (real ones, not artfully placed ones) and Reefs and a day old ponytail.  We'll see how long this resolution lasts.

1 comment:

  1. When I was reading MADE yesterday, I came to the conclusion that I dress incredibly boring too. Like horribly frumpy gross during the week. I'm going to have to fix this with fabric in the stash though. Maybe this is a blog series waiting to happen! ;) And ANY type of accessory is out for me. Amelia is too quick!

    But I've never considered you to be a boring dresser!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...