Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

fresh from the farm

(image via Dr. Green's Blog)
Usually my favorite part about summer is that there's no school which, in the past for me, meant no work.  Now that Ezra is here I'm not working outside of our home anymore so the allure of summertime has changed.  This year I'm looking forward to receiving our weekly CSA share from Ledge Ends in East Greenwich.  We're trying to be more mindful of what we put into our bodies, so joining a CSA seemed like a good fit for us.  We'll have a box of produce dropped off for twenty weeks starting in June and lasting through late October.  My plan is to blog about the delivery and meals I make with it each week.  I'm especially excited about the option to sign up for additional items, like meats, cheese, and even flowers.  Have you ever joined a CSA or do you shop at farmer's markets?  What are some of your favorite seasonal fruits and veggies?  

1 comment:

  1. I've thought about joining a CSA before, but never done it. I can't wait to read your blogs about it and what you make!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...