Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

from Matt & Ezra

For Mother's Day Matt dedicated a birthing kit from the International Rescue Committee to me.  I honestly didn't want anything but Matt insisted so I suggested something that would help other mothers.  The kit provides blankets, clothes, and other essentials to mothers who are giving birth in a crisis zone to help give their babies the best start in life.  I only wish I could find out who the recipient of the kit dedicated in my name will be.  Matt also got me this adorable book, I Love My Mommy by Sebastien Braun.  Does anyone know why it sometimes sells for upwards of $100?  I think Matt picked up a copy for about $15 so I can't imagine why.  Anyway, I can't wait to read it with Ezra.  By the way, Ezra wrote me a poem for Mother's Day.  He's that talented.  Now, what to do for Matt for Father's Day...

3 comments:

  1. It's the same with the daddy version. I first encountered the book last year. The grandmother of the baby I nannied for bought it for Father's Day from a second hand store. I read it and thought it was perfect for Josh (from Levi - LOL). I could buy a new hardcover for $10 or a used softcover for $100+. When I got my version, the words were different though (only slightly, but I actually liked the first version I read better). So, it must have to do with the edition. I bet my old boss doesn't know he probably has a valuable edition!

    The end. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, that's all so sweet!!! But, what, not sharing that poem E wrote?

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so thoughtful! i'm with jodi...poem please! :) this morning, i pulled into the parking lot at work and looked in the back seat to find...{drum roll} my mother's day card from Nate...still in the bag...not filled out...i laugh...that's so typical us...the card mentioned something to the effect that i'm so perfect, i'd be someone he hated if he didn't love me so much...again, so "us"...i don't even care that it was still wrapped in the CVS bag :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...