Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

for a cause

This weekend two exciting events are taking place. One is the March of Dimes March for Babies and the other is the 30 Hour Famine.
I've participated in the March for Babies for the past two years in honor of my friend Jaclyn's son, Zachary.  She gave birth to him October of 2007.  Zach was sixteen weeks early and only weighed 1 pound 12 ounces.  Eighteen days later on November 12th God called Zach home to heaven.  This year I'm raising support with a renewed sense of purpose because two very special things have happened since the last March - I gave birth to Ezra, and Jaclyn announced that she is expecting!  Team No Life Too Small is walking in memory of Zachary, but also with the hope that the March of Dimes is going to help get Mykenzie Jayne to full term.
I’m raising support for our family, and for yours, too.  Ezra’s birth was a life-changing experience for me, and while he may not have been premature (in fact, he was five days late!) we endured some struggles of our own early on in his life.  I can’t imagine how the difficulties would have been compounded had Ezra been premature.  I support the March of Dimes because they help families prepare for birth by providing tools for helping to prevent prematurity.  Visit my personal page to donate through the secure website, or find an event near you. 

Last year was my first time doing the famine although I must confess that I didn't fast, but don't judge me - I was pregnant!  But no one knew yet so Amanda (also pregnant) and I had to sneak snacks in whenever we could.  For photos and details about last year's famine visit Matt's blog.  The teens will have their last meal at lunch on Friday and then we'll all break the fast together at dinner on Saturday.  They're raising awareness of hungry people worldwide, but this year our focus is on Japan and all those affected by the tsunami.  You can donate online to our Ocean State Baptist Church team by going here or find a group near you.  Thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...