Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

let them eat cake

(image via 20x200)
Yesterday was my mom's birthday and we ate cake.  Specifically, this cake.  Delicious.  In honor of my mom I searched high and low for a cake image and I found this beauty.  Artist Martha Rich says, "Painting cakes and food are a means of comfort to me. Cakes represent hope. They are baked for celebrations and for good times. Everyone likes cakes. If someone bakes you a cake you know you are cared for, but real cakes are temporary and if you eat too much you may feel sick. These cakes care forever and won’t make you sick."  I love it.  Perfect for my imaginary dining room wall gallery.  See more of Martha's work here.  Happy birthday, Mom!  I love you.

1 comment:

  1. I love you, too, my darling daughter! And thanks for the zero-calorie cake. Much appreciated, especially since I've recently lost quite a few of those and don't want them back on my hips and thighs!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...