Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

the first day of his life

In honor of the New Year and the new beginnings it represents for so many people, here is the best new beginning that Matt and I were given in 2010.  Matt recorded the events immediately after Ezra's birth with our Kodak Zi8 (which he affectionately named Zeke) and then turned the footage into a movie for our parents for Christmas.  Matt's parents got one featuring them and my parents got this version.  You'll see photos of my mom, dad (unfortunately, the one without a head), and brother all holding Ezra when he was less than a day old.    Every time I watch it I have to make sure I have a box of Kleenex handy, or at least that I'm wearing long sleeves.  

I'm so glad we have such a great record of our little guy's entrance into the world.  We have lots of photos, too, courtesy of our friend Karissa of klm photography.  I'll be sharing those as soon as I get my head wrapped around the whole birth thing.  We'll see how long that takes...

P.S. The song is First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes

5 comments:

  1. Pass the tissues please! Beautiful!

    Lori Tremblay

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is beautiful! crying along with you. I was so excited to see the video I missed the warning about crying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet, sweet blessing as you start a new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did Matt write the song? I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, Matt didn't write the song. It's "First Day of My Life" by Bright Eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...