Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Geoff's on Benefit

Geoff's Superlative Sandwiches is nestled along historic Benefit Street, a couple blocks from the Courthouse where my mom works.  A couple weeks ago Ezra and I went to visit her so she could show off her grandson to the Judge, the bailiff, and her other coworkers, and after introductions were made we went to lunch at Geoff's. 
The menu is extensive and lots of the sandwiches are named after local celebrities, like RJ Heim and Don Carcieri.  Probably the best part about the Geoff's dining experience is the giant barrel of brined pickles in the middle of the shop.  I love using the tongs to fish out the biggest one I can find.
I ordered Saarin's Choice - bean sprouts, shredded carrots, and lettuce, with melted muenster, cheddar, and swiss cheeses on wheat.  I probably don't have to tell you this, but the cheeses were my favorite, followed closely by the bean sprouts.

My mom had a classic Reuben, and although the guy who made it was chastised for not letting the cheese melt enough, she said it was still yummy.  We dined outside, and Ezra enjoyed watching passersby while grabbing for stray carrots falling from my sandwich.  Next time maybe I'll even let him eat some of them.

1 comment:

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...