Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

priorities

(image via etsy seller onneke)

This week I'm instituting a new daily plan inspired by a conversation with Jaclyn and a post on balance by Liz. Now that I'm a stay-at-home mom to Ezra and wife to Matt (ok, so I already was his wife, but now I'm a stay-at-home wife), I want to make the most out of my day.  I don't want to be stuck with my mouth hanging open when people ask me what I do all day, but most importantly, each day I want to feel like I've been productive and spent my time in a worthwhile way.  First things first: I need to be fed spiritually.  For me, that means being in the Word, spending time in prayer, and listening to worship music.  That's priority number one.  Next, I need to do something physical.  Most days that means a walk outside with Ezra in the Moby or some yoga.  Home maintenance is on the list, too, so cooking, cleaning, and organization are a part of my day as well.  Liz also listed creative, outdoors, and education on her daily to do list.  Education is taken care of by the sixteen or so books I'm always reading at any given time.  Outdoors will get easier to check off now that the weather is warming up in Rhode Island.  Ezra and I can go for walks or I can bring a blanket outside so we can play or eat lunch in our yard.  Creative is the one area that I want to work on incorporating more often.  There are so many sewing, crafting, and home DIY projects I want to complete that if I try to do them all in the time Ezra sleeps at night before I go to bed too I'll be working on them until 2012.  And that doesn't include any projects I may decide to do this week.  So here's to prioritization and finding balance in the day-to-day.  What's on top of your to do list each day?       

2 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with food, so I wake up every day thinking about what I'm making for supper. ( Well, it's not the first thing that pops in my head, but within the first hour of my day I'm thinking of what's for dinner.) Tonight, I'm making halibut cooked in a white wine sauce with stewed tomatoes, artichokes and onlons and chicken broth. Also, some kind of salad. Lately, my favorite is Arugula and Endive salad with a white wine vinagrette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my priorities look much like yours. Time in the Word, keeping the home neat, playing with my girls, reading/educating myself, time to myself, creative time, time with my husband. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...