Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

pizza tonight!


Pizza was on the menu this week but instead of making our own pies as usual, Matt and I went to Geppetto's Pizzeria on Federal Hill.  We were seated right away, but it was a Tuesday night.  No one goes out to eat on Tuesday night except for us apparently, but that just meant there was no wait which was great because we were famished.  We ordered the Classic Caesar Calad to share and it was large enough for three.  The croutons were sooo good... I think I hogged most of them.
While we enjoyed the salad the waitress put in our order for a New York-Style Buffalo Chicken Pizza complete with three cheeses, carmelized red onions, spicy buffalo sauce, chicken, and lots of blue cheese dressing.  I'm not usually big on hot sauce but Geppetto's got it just right.  The onions were tender, the chicken bite size, and the blue cheese the perfect complement to the zing of the hot sauce.  Matt and I agreed that we'll definitely return to Geppetto's for pizza in the future.  
On our way back to the car we passed my absolute favorite dessert cafe in Rhode Island (and possibly the world) and when I slowed to a stop in front of the door Matt knew I wasn't quite done for the evening.  
I ordered a slice of Pastiche's heavenly chocolate mousse cake, dark chocolate mousse layered onto a cookie crust and dolloped with fresh whipped cream and chocolate shavings.  
We took it to go because I wanted to watch Finding Neverland, some Johnny Depp to tide me over until we get to the theater to see Alice in Wonderland.  (Have you seen it?)  High points of the night: big Caesar salad, yummy pizza, lip-smacking chocolate mousse, snuggling during movie.  Low points: chilly restaurant, whipped cream smushed into a plastic container.  Do you have a favorite dessert place that I can visit? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...