Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

nick's on broadway

One of my favorite places to eat in all of Rhode Island is nick's on broadway.  Chef and owner Derek Wagner's commitment to using locally sourced and therefore seasonal foods allows for a menu that is always evolving.  French toast, omelets, breakfast sandwiches... all delicious.  In fact, I don't think there's a single item on the menu that I wouldn't like.  In addition to serving amazing breakfast (as well as lunch and dinner from what I hear), nick's is a fun place to visit because the kitchen is open to the restaurant.  We were seated at the bar so we had front row seats.
My mom and I started off the morning with coffee and the world's best hot chocolate.  
Our waitress rattled off the specials and I was sold in a matter of seconds - a star anise muffin followed by polenta topped with wilted spinach and two eggs.  My mom chose the black beans and eggs which comes with salsa, avocado cilantro sour cream, and warm tortillas.    
We cleaned our plates and weren't ready to leave, but not because the portions were small (they're obviously not) but because we couldn't get enough.  I ordered a second helping of polenta to take home as well as a serving of bread pudding with caramel (the ice cream that came with it ended up as a puddle) and my mom ordered her own star anise muffin.  I can't wait until the weather warms up so we can sit outside on the sidewalk and enjoy the spring's seasonal offerings.    
If you visit or live in Rhode Island nick's is a must visit.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...