It's been a hot one so I haven't been blogging much... not sure exactly how those two things correlate, but I think that's the reason things have been slow over here. I hope to get back in the swing of things soon. A few things are going to change around here though - I hope to have a slight redesign completed in the near future and I'm going to devise some sort of summer schedule that I can stick to. Also, the menu of the week posts shall be no more... I'm still going to write about food from time to time and may even do a menu post once in a while, but I've found that writing about what we eat each week for five or so months in a row gets a bit boring. I know it's not Monday, but here's the last one for a while -
black bean and butternut squash burritos - We love any combination of black beans and orange veggies.
spaghetti with braised kale - Simple, and the kale brings up the health factor since you're eating plain pasta.
crepes with goat cheese, wilted spinach, and toasted pine nuts - I declare my first time making crepes a smashing success. Just be careful of keeping the heat too high... I had to turn the burner down a bit to get good results.
falafel pita pockets - Another first for me, and they came out great, too! The falafel mixture was easy to prepare and they cooked quickly. Definitely serve with yogurt - so refreshing! Along with all the fresh veggies, of course (we had sliced yellow peppers, shredded carrots, green lettuce, and cucumber rounds).
shrimp scampi over couscous - A nice twist on a classic. My recommendation: use fresh shrimp, not frozen... the flavor is so much better!
And the link list to get you through the weekend, whether it's a heat wave or thunderstorms. I'm hoping for some of each. Okay, well maybe not a heat wave, but warm weather with some scattered showers would be nice...
- how to host a tea party
- a popsicle party is in the works!
- super cute birth announcement
- such a cool mood board... love that Orla Kiely print
- making playdough will be a fun project when Ezra is a little older
- loving this round up of neon accessories
- have you ever made root beer? (I have!)
- I wish we had something like this around here!
- happy thoughts on getting dressed
- lovers of fabric, take note - inspiration from Denyse Schmidt
- just put visiting a peony farm on my life's to do list
- a picnic on the first day of summer is a tradition I can get on board with
image via Seven Eleven Studios