Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

under the sea and dreaming

Finally, my mendocino quilt can be laid to rest.  I started it over a year ago and made some mistakes while piecing the back so I put the whole project on hold indefinitely.  It's much more fun to make progress moving forward rather than backwards, which is another type of progress in quilting, I suppose.
This quilt was made with no one in mind and I don't think I'll be able to part with it because I love Heather Ross's funny mermaids and octopuses too much.  
I'll save it in case we ever add a baby girl to our family, and if not then I'm sure I'll be able to find a good home for this bright blanket some day.
Part of me wishes I saved the squares that I used on the back for another project so I could spread the mermaid love around, but it's too late so I guess I'll just have to enjoy them where they are.  They definitely add some interest to what would otherwise be a rather plain pink backing.
The binding is my least favorite part of this quilt because I decided to use my least favorite fabric for it - orange seahorses floating among tan seaweed in a brown sea.  

Regardless of my feelings for the binding, I love the way this quilt came out and am glad that I get to keep it!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely quilt! I'm praying for that baby girl, actually!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...