Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

camping 2012 | a recap in words and pictures

It's the Monday after our camping trip and although we've been home for a little more than twenty-four hours I still feel like I'm in recovery mode. Camping creates so much laundry! How was your weekend? Filled with fun things, I hope. Even though it's a lot of work to prepare for a camping trip - making the reservations, shopping, planning meals, packing, etc. - I'm always glad we go because it really is a lot of fun. Here are some highlights from our weekend...

no shoes inside the tent! 

 venison stew for dinner (thanks, Tom!)

 enough wood for nonstop fire burning

 long afternoon naps 

 the annual bocce ball tournament
(My friend John and I won! We unseated the two-time champions, Matt and Matt :)

 dinner prepared al fresco (and babies in diapers) 

 a visit to the playground

I didn't take as many pictures as I should have so there is a lot missing - volleyball, home run derby, ultimate frisbee, wiffleball, and lots of lounging around the fire. It's hard to believe but I'm already looking forward to next year's trip!

5 comments:

  1. We were three time champions, for the record...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you weren't. We didn't play bocce the first year.

      Delete
  2. Awww, baby looks so peaceful. That is EXACTLY how I wish I looked when I was napping (minus the diapers)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a good time...i love the sweet sleeping baby picture on a big beautiful quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such a fun trip! I haven't been camping in ages, but it's always so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...