Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

hello weekend

(image via Danielle Thompson)
We've got our first Christmas party of the season this weekend, my family's annual Crosby Christmas Party. My parents are hosting this year and my mom asked me to help decorate. I was inspired by this tablescape (designed by David Stark) so expect lots of mason jars, jute webbing, raffia, twigs, and pine... I'll post some pictures next week. In addition to being on pretty party duty, I'm bringing a couple of desserts - chocolate chip cookie bars and Molly Wizenberg's winning hearts and minds chocolate cake. Not particularly Christmas-y, but in my mind one can never go wrong with the classics. Do you have any holiday parties to attend this weekend? While I put the finishing touches on the decorations, check out the links I loved this week...
- be sure to check out Anthropologie's 20 Days A'Gifting
- my friend Keri is going to be published!
- isn't this sock monkey super cute?
- why didn't I think of making mini cakes in a can?
- quite possibly the awesomest cookie jar ever
- a Postmug would make a great gift for nearly anyone on your list
- it's time for a change of desktop wallpaper
- one more pretty advent calendar
- this gingerbread house party reminds me of my cousin Meghan's birthday parties when we were growing up
- I love the idea of a very Kennedy Christmas party
these candies are the most incredible confections I've ever seen
Merry Christmas party, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...