Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

what's for dinner?

Matt and I went to Tiverton Four Corners on Friday (more about that tomorrow) and visited this great specialty food store, Milk and Honey Bazaar.  We sampled and bought a hunk of Dill Havarti and also took home a slab of Italian Pecorino Romano, our favorite cheese for grating over salads and pasta.  Pecorino Romano is hard, dense, and has a wonderfully salty flavor.  It crumbles easily and is great for eating by itself or with crackers and Italian cold cuts.  I think it may be my favorite cheese, although ask me on a day when I'm salivating at the thought of a chocolate and brie panini and I may have a different answer for you, but I digress.




Anyway, tonight last night I decided to make an old recipe, spaghetti with sweet potatoes and ricotta, using the fresh-off-the-boat Pecorino Romano rather than the Parmiggiano Reggiano from the local grocery store that I usually add.  The combination of herbes de provence and the Pecorino Romano ensured that it turned out deliciously!  I can't wait to have a second helping for lunch tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...