Pages

Monday, January 8, 2024

trip around the world | a quilt for Noa

 

I had wanted to make a scrappy trip quilt for ages and when my friends Jeremy and Bria were waiting for their daughter to be born I knew it was the right time to make one. I love how it looks vintage and somehow fresh at the same time. The original pattern is by Bonnie Hunter. I used lots of my favorite fabrics like Heather Ross apples, Annie Brady cacti, Denyse Schmidt dots, Rifle Paper Co. florals, cotton + steel stars, and Lizzy House cats. The back is a Melody Miller print paired with tiny pink polka dots. I thought this quilt was going to be a lot less vibrant than it turned out. I like it, but it doesn’t look the way I imagined it would. It’s always a little disappointing when my ideas don’t come together in the way I intended. I’m focusing on all the cute details instead - the strawberries, frogs, apples, flowers, butterflies, cats, pineapples, stars, blackberries, rainbows, and cactuses because I love them all. Hopefully Noa likes them too! I don't remember what happened exactly but I think I was cutting it close on the backing and the binding didn't quite reach all the way around to cover the batting so I had to cut a small strip of strawberries to cover my mistake on the back. Whoops!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...