Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

patchwork pond | a quilt for Wesley

Our friends recently welcomed their first baby into the world. They named him Wesley, but they chose to find out his gender when he was born so a gender neutral quilt was in order. I picked a mix of gray, white, linen, and chambray fabrics with one square of gingham for fun. I made a granny square patchwork design, although I wish I hadn't set it on point.  I would have needed more white fabric to make it work the regular way and I was too impatient to order more.
The back is a print by Sarah Watts for Cotton + Steel from her From Porto with Love collection. Nate, Wesley's dad, is big into fishing so these gold metallic fish were perfect. I love when I have just the right print in my stash.
I quilted it with a simple grid and finished it off with dark gray polka dot chambray binding. Britt and Nate loved it, and I hope Wes enjoys lots of snuggles under it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...