Pages

Thursday, February 8, 2018

modern aztec | a quilt for Theo

As fellow makers know, it's always nice to be sought out to make something. When someone asks me to make a quilt it shows me that they see the value in the things I make and it brings me great pleasure to make a quilt with someone special in mind. In this case it was for my friend Kristin's sister's unborn baby boy. Kristin and I reconnected at the birthday party of our mutual friend's one year old son, and we caught up on the years since college. She complimented my quilts and later messaged me to see if I would be interested in making one for her soon-to-be-born nephew. I jumped at the chance, especially when she told me I would have mostly free reign. We discussed her sister's style and settled on a minimal design with solid colors on a white background, and a fun farm animal print for the back. Like I do with all the quilts I make, I prayed while I planned and cut and sewed. Kristin gave it to her sister just before Christmas and she said she loved it. About a month later I learned that Lauren's baby tragically died during childbirth. His heart stopped beating during labor and doctors were unable to do anything. My heart breaks for their family, that they didn't get to keep Theo here and watch him grow. I'm thankful that they have hope in Heaven and know that they'll see him again. 

If you'd like to read more about Lauren, Brad, Theo and their story (including their faith) you can visit the YouCaring page that Kristin set up. The fundraiser is no longer active but you can still pray 

1 comment:

  1. Tara, thank you for writing & sharing this. I still love this quilt so much!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...