Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

stacked coins baby quilt, part deux

This quilt is one of the approximately thirty-seven reasons I'm excited my friends Jaclyn and Nate are having a baby girl.  I made it last winter with their unborn (and unconceived!) little one in mind.   
At that time she was a baby we were waiting for, and as I sewed I prayed that she would come soon.  Now we only have to wait a few more weeks for her grand debut!  
For those of you who might be wondering, I used this tutorial from Moda Bake Shop and added a patchwork strip to the back for interest.
P.S. Check out the the boy version I made for Ezra's big cousin Matthew last year.

2 comments:

  1. Ohh such a sweet blanket, for a wonderful anticipated occasion. Love the colors you choose. I am liking the baby quilts that I have seen lately that are now bright colors instead of the traditional pastel colors.

    Would you like to join me in a Christmas Fabric Swap, if so, you can read about it here, Paula's Crafty Boutique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. I love how you began before the baby was even conceived, oh the prayers and love that must have gone into this quilt. What a remarkable gift.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...