Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2020

neutral good | a quilt for Luca James

One of my oldest friends recently had her second baby girl and when I asked her a few months ago what she was thinking for a quilt she said, "is it weird if I send you this for inspiration?" and sent me a whole instagram account, haha. After scrolling through @milena_silvano for weeks, this is what I came up with. I loved choosing solid neutral fabrics for a change since usually everything I make is full of color and pattern and print, and putting the quilt top together was like a puzzle. Quilting always energizes me and helps keep me sane but this one felt different. It was challenging to work with fabrics I wouldn't normally use and still trust that the end result would be what I hoped it would be. I loved making this quilt for Luca James, thinking about how it will keep her warm and cozy during what will definitely be a cold MI winter, and how, more importantly, my friends will raise her to be a warm and caring person. That has nothing to do with quilting, I know, but it's that kind of thinking that gives me hope for the future. Also, unrelated, but I watched the entire first season of Emily in Paris while I made this quilt. I didn't love the show, but Pierre Cadeau cracking the tops of an entire tray of creme brulee is a whole mood. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...