Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2020

big blocks | a quilt for Zachary

Our friends welcomed their second baby boy over a year ago and I started a quilt for him when his mom Elena was pregnant with him. It wasn't turning out how I wanted it to and I got stuck which doesn't usually happen for me. I usually know what I want to make but this quilt just wasn't working. I put it aside and as the months passed I felt worse and worse that he didn't have a quilt. A couple months ago I found this cute fabric on sale that I thought would make a nice back for a little boy and that helped me get started again. I scrapped the old quilt entirely and pulled new fabrics from my stash based on the backing fabric. I sort of copied a piece of modern art to make the design for the front. It's really simple, just a bunch of blocks, but I liked how I didn't have to cut up the fish print. The top came together quickly and since I already had a backing I was able to finish it up right away. I dropped it off at their house and now Zachary has a quilt so he doesn't have to steal his big brother Benjamin's! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...