Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2020

#scrappysummerqal2020 | a quilt for Eliana

I saw this cute quilt some Instagram friends were making this summer and decided to join in. Quilt alongs are always good for me because they keep me on schedule and push me outside of my comfort zone. I loved fussy cutting so many fun fabrics for the centers of the plus sign blocks and I used up tons of low volume scraps for the background. My only regret is that I used an unknown fuchsia solid and it must not have been my usual Kona cotton because it bled in the wash even though I used a color catcher in two separate washes. One of my first quilting friends commented a few times throughout the QAL that she loved the quilt and that made it easy for me to decide who to give it to because she had just had her second baby girl. I know Carole Ann was happy to receive it and Eliana will spend the winter snuggled up!  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...