Pages

Monday, December 30, 2019

bright blossoms | a quilt for Elsie

I think scrap quilts are my favorite to make and this one was really fun! It's winter here in New England so pulling all these bright and cheery fabrics for a baby girl was like sunshine on many cloudy days. I decided to fussy cut some Aneela Hoey fabric to feature her little illustrations (I like the outfits the best) and then made random courthouse steps blocks. I kept adding coordinating fabric strips until they fit together. I brought the quilt to church to give it to Elsie's parents and I asked my boys to hold it up for a quick picture. As you can see we weren't all that successful, but it'll do!

Here's the little sweetie with her new quilt, and with her sister's quilt as a background. Each Belanger girl has a quilt made by me and it's always nice to see them pop up in Dawn and Andrew's photos from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...