Pages

Saturday, December 28, 2019

building blocks | a quilt for Zachary

Recently my brother's best friend Jonathan and his wife Anita welcomed a baby boy into the world. They're high school sweethearts and weirdly I always wanted them to get married because I thought they'd have beautiful babies - I was right! Also weirdly, I googled their baby registry so I could see how they were decorating the nursery so my mom and I could make a quilt to match. We loved a design by Rossie and basically copied it to make this for little Zachary. There are so many cute nature-y fabrics in this quilt! Heather Ross's frogs, Lizzy House's constellations and hedgehogs, Carolyn Friedlander's botanics, and Annie Brady's moose and bears and foxes and birch trees. And there's rice! Anita's family owns a local Chinese restaurant (shout out to Dragon Garden in North Attleboro!) so I thought that was a cute addition. I picked out the fabric and pieced the top and back and my mom quilted and bound it. I love a good quilt collab. Here's hoping this quilt brings Zachary warmth and comfort! Scroll down for one more photo with the little darling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...