Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

adventure is out there | a mini quilt for Easton

When my cousin Jackie had her first son Wyatt five years ago I had just had Finn and was not really quilting for a period of time so I didn't make Wyatt a quilt. My mom did though, and Jackie has told me that Wyatt sleeps with it every night. When she announced her second pregnancy (another boy - hooray for baby boys!) I knew I had to make something this time and I decided to ask my mom and my aunt (also Jackie's aunt) to help. She posted pictures of the nursery and when I saw them I knew exactly what we could do. We had to make Elizabeth Hartman's Fancy Fox quilt for play and snuggles and I wanted to make something with mountains for the wall. Jackie has always been outdoorsy and she and her family are adventurous and that's the theme of the nursery so it all just seemed perfect. It's times like this that I'm thankful for facebook because I wouldn't have seen the baby's nursery without it! After talking with Jackie, searching for mountain quilt block patterns, and thinking about designing one of my own, I finally found this one on Craftsy. Lizzy House made some of the most perfect fabrics for this quilt and I happen to own them so I pulled everything from my stash and I'm thrilled with the result! Paper piecing is always fun, although now that I think about it, I think I forgot to change my needle after making this quilt which explains why everything since then has been giving me trouble. Anyway, I hope these mountains help inspire Easton to explore and be adventurous. With parents like Jackie and Jarrod I'm sure he will!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...