Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

hope floats

I have been using the same handbag since August of 2008 because I love love love it and every time I empty it of its contents to transfer them to another bag the switch lasts less than two days and then I'm back to my one true pocketbook love.  Because of my fierce loyalty, it's not often that I'm interested in making bags.  This one, however, caught my eye because 1. the pattern was free, and 2. it says 'hope' which is the perfect word for my dear friend Jaclyn.  After choosing my fabrics (a selection of prints from the gray combo Poppy Collection by Laura Gunn for Michael Miller - dogwood stripe, scattered lantern pods, climbing vine, and poppy bouquet) I set to work cutting, sewing, quilting, and assembling.  I'm quite pleased with the result and hope (haha...) Jaclyn likes her new bag as much as I do!  
 

1 comment:

  1. If she doesn't like it, I do! Ha, of course she LOVES it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...