Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

a quilt for baby Solomon

Yesterday I wrote about my friend Ari's shower, and if you've been reading the tiny hummingbird for any length of time then you know that if one of my friends has a baby then I most certainly made a quilt. Ari's baby is no exception. Ari and Matt have a color palette selected for the nursery that basically includes every color so I was a bit baffled when making my fabric selections. Then we visited their new house and I saw loads of paint swatches taped to the wall. I knew what to do. Once we got home I went to Lowe's and gathered my own collection of paint swatches so I had a reference point. It all came together quickly after that.

Stripes! I love the combination of yellow, white, and gray here. Also, the black and white section of binding.

Burp cloths are always a good way to use up any scraps that are left after making the quilt, and while I don't think any mother is concerned about her baby's burp cloths matching her baby's quilt I do think it's nice that they are at least somewhat attractive. They may end up as a regular part of her outfit, after all, as an over-the-shoulder accessory.

If you squint you can see the inscription on the white stripes above, but disregard the second line for now, as it is blank. I'm carrying around my micron pen so I can write the baby's sweet little name in that spot when we visit Ari and Matt after the baby is born. I can't wait!

Here's the only photo I have of the whole quilt, taken right after Ari opened it at the shower. (Thanks, Mia!)

3 comments:

  1. this quilt is fantastic....bold and modern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leslie! I have to say I'm pretty in love with it :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous quilt! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...