Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

a down home DIY // clean your cast iron pan

Last week I mentioned that I inherited two cast iron pans, one from my mom and one from my aunt, but they were both originally my grandmother's. One was suffering from a bad case of rust but luckily I had just read about how to clean rusty cast iron skillets. Check out what my skillet looked like before...
 
Yes, that is a potato. 

...and after! Chances are you have a potato and some salt on hand, and if that's the case then you're ready to clean your own rusty cast iron skillet. I was worried I would wear my arm out with all the scrubbing but the rust disappeared surprisingly easily and the whole process only took a few minutes. Now I have a nice little cast iron skillet that's perfectly seasoned and ready for many more years of use. Check out the complete instructions here.

4 comments:

  1. i very much needed to read this. our pan looks disgusting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now it sounds like Wordpress is the top blogging platform
    out there right now. (from what I've read) Is that what you are using on your blog?
    Also visit my page :: GFI Norte

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry but that still looks rusted... is that safe to eat from?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...