Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Isn't life just duckie? | a shower for Ari


Last weekend I had the pleasure of helping my dear friend Ari's mom prepare for a shower to help welcome baby "Duckie," Ari's little girl who should be joining us in about a month. We were inspired by this theme from Hostess with the Mostess; Donna decided to go with it since Ari and her husband Matt are calling the baby Duckie until they reveal her name once she makes her debut.


We used lots of things we had on hand to dress up the home where the shower was held... mirrors, glass marbles, punch bowls, rubber ducks... just kidding about having the rubber ducks on hand, Donna bought those. Although now I have five on hand since she gave me some to take home for Ezra's bath time enjoyment.

I put together a little guest book of sorts where everyone who attended the shower could write notes of love and encouragement both to Ari and Matt and to the baby. (Recognize the font? Yeah. It's my new favorite.)

A garland of baby photos of Ari was hung across the fireplace. See the one on the top right? It's Donna when she was pregnant with Ari - such a sweet addition to an already charming display.

This guy presided over the festivities. Notice his tissue paper pom pom bubble bath. That's right. I made pom poms. Again.

Donna even made sure we had coordinating plates - she used hot glue to attach blue marbles to plain white dinnerware. Fancy! (See the tablecloth? It's really a fabric remnant and I got to take it home with me... score! Thanks, Taylor :)

We served brunch and I must say that everything was exceedingly tasty. My favorites were the baked prosciutto egg cups, cranberry scones, and mini white cheddar muffins. For dessert, Ari's sister Mia made chocolate cupcakes with the best peanut butter frosting ever. I repeat: the best peanut butter frosting ever. Must get the recipe from her. 

Friends within wombs! Ari is on the left and our friend Karissa (of klm photography fame - remember our birth photos and these special photos, too?) is on the right. Karissa is due about a month after Ari and she's having a baby boy.

3 comments:

  1. Donna (a.k.a "G"!!!!)February 29, 2012 at 10:23 AM

    It was really a blast putting this together with you, Tara! Thank you SOOOOOOOOO much for all you did! I am so thankful that Ari (and Duckie = ) have such loving friends.
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...