Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

hearts full of hope | a quilt for Sarah

Last year a friend of mine was diagnosed with an incurable stomach cancer. Another friend and I both wanted to make her a quilt so we decided to collaborate. We invited sewists from our church to make heart blocks and I also asked my quilting friends on instagram if they’d like to contribute. So many people made hearts for Sarah that we had enough blocks to make two quilts! We decided to make the second one for Sarah’s mom who lives down the street from her and is helping their family (Sarah and her husband have two young children) throughout this trial. Lorraine and I both made blocks and we each pieced a quilt, and then Lorraine quilted them on her long arm (isn’t the swirly heart design so cute?) and bound them both. We did a socially distanced drop off to Sarah and her mom and they both loved the quilts! Oh, I almost forgot - I pieced the word “hope” into Sarah’s. I’ve made that free pattern by Denyse Schmidt so many times, it just feels right for so many occasions. The heart pattern is free too, it’s by Cluck Cluck Sew. Please keep Sarah in your prayers.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...