Pages

Monday, June 3, 2019

moose is loose | a quilt for Hunter

One of my oldest friends is pregnant with her first baby, a boy she and her husband have named Hunter. She is an art teacher and decorated every inch of his nursery. It looks amazing and there are so many details to draw inspiration from, but the real star is Moose, their golden retriever. I really wanted to find fabric with moose (mooses?) on it and lucky for me, I remembered that my friend Annie Brady designed the perfect one. I didn't want to cut it up so I decided to make a whole cloth quilt with another print by Annie on the back. I love the animals for Hunter - I like to think of him doing tummy time while gazing at all the forest creatures - and I like the birch trees for Laura because they read like a nice neutral to contrast with all the design elements of the nursery she created. I used another of Annie's designs for the binding too, because everything she makes is just so nice. Now I'm looking forward to seeing Hunter snuggled up in this quilt - just a few more weeks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...