Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2018

summer star | a quilt for Spencer

Our friends Mike and Amanda are expecting their first baby, a boy. You know that I think every baby needs a quilt so I started making one for him early on in Amanda's pregnancy. I decided to go with one of my favorite patterns, a sawtooth star. I used blues for the star and low volume for the background. The back is made up of two large cuts, one dark teal (I think it's Carolyn Friedlander, I can't remember) and some bright yellow pearl bracelets by Lizzy House. The yellow is supposed to be a nod to Del's Lemonade, where Mike and Amanda met, but probably no one will get it, haha. It's quilted with straight lines to echo the shape of the star. I bound it in another blue, washed it to get that crinkly goodness, and gifted it along with a copy of The Jesus Storybook Bible at her baby shower a month or two ago. I can't wait to meet the little guy! Another friend for Rory :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...