Pages

Monday, July 2, 2018

shine bright | a quilt for Aria

My cousin Nicole and her husband welcomed their second daughter into their lives recently so I made her a quilt, of course. Nicole hasn't lived in RI in a long time, and the last time I saw her was the summer after my senior year of high school when she stayed with my family for a week, but we are in touch on facebook and it's nice to keep up that way. I combined two charm packs (Kate Spain, Tula Pink) and some coordinating scraps to make the quilt using this free pattern. I would definitely use this pattern again, and I don't often like to make the same pattern twice so that's saying something! I love the way these bright summer colors look against the white. 
I chose to echo the star with the quilting, straight lines radiating out from between the points. It's backed and bound in the same fabric, a multicolored graphic print from Joann. I hope Aria likes it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...