Pages

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

golden girl | a quilt for Genevieve


A friend of mine is expecting her second baby girl and of course I wanted to make her a quilt. Her family has a golden retriever named Simba and they LOVE him so I looked around for some cute doggo fabric and found the perfect one on spoonflower by petfriendly. I highly recommend checking them out if you need any cute dog fabric! They have lots of different breeds and colors. In hindsight I wish I had ordered the goldens in something other than pink but I didn't realize it was available in other colors. The pink is pretty, but I would have preferred something a little less busy. Anyway, I ordered a yard on Kona cotton and after debating a few different quilt patterns I decided to go the whole cloth route so I wouldn't chop up the pups. My boys love their minky quilts the best (they're the snuggliest) so I backed this one in minky dot, quilted it with free motion hearts, and bound it in a vintage looking floral. It was a quick project but I think it's perfect! Meredith teared up when I gave it to her so I'd say it's a success :) Finn likes to help me take quilt pictures lately, so here he is, plus a few detail shots...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...