Pages

Friday, April 28, 2017

plaid at sea | a quilt for Harry

 One of my good friends is having her third baby soon, a boy after two girls (see their quilts here and here). I asked her if she had any ideas for his nursery yet and she sent me a few images of very classic, preppy, New England type rooms - blues and greens, plaid, and stripes. I love the simplicity of the flannel whole cloth quilt I made for Rory so I decided to make her baby boy a wholecloth quilt too. I chose a plaid by Robert Kaufman and then gave her a bunch of coordinating options to choose from for the other side. I quilted it in a grid, echoing the plaid, and bound it in a chambray polka dot that I love and will definitely be using for binding again. My boy Finn was happy to help as my quilt holder! He grew rather attached to the little dragon though, and begged to keep it - haha... luckily for him his Gram found out and got him his own ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...