Pages

Monday, March 18, 2024

Henfluenced | a quilt for Jaclyn

It’s hard to describe what it’s like when someone you love is diagnosed with cancer, although I know it’s an experience far too many people are intimately familiar with. It often feels like there’s not much you can do. Some people pray or send positive vibes, some people go grocery shopping or make meals, and some people drop off gifts for the kids to keep them busy or drive them to their activities. These are all things I’ve done in some capacity, but I always want to do more, especially when what I’d really like to do is eradicate cancer from the planet and especially from my cousin’s body. Since I can’t do that, what I often do instead is make a quilt. My cousin Jaclyn is someone I’ve looked up to since I was little. She’s always been artistic and fashionable and thoughtful and adventurous and I’ve always admired her. Learning that she was diagnosed with cancer two months ago at only 40 years old was devastating, and I started planning a quilt almost immediately, enlisting her mom, her sister, my mom, and two of our aunts to help. We worked quickly so the quilt would be ready when Jaclyn started treatment, and I hope that it’s been providing her with warmth and comfort throughout the process. We’re trusting that she’s already got this thing beat! She has five infusions down and thirteen to go so please keep her and her family in your thoughts! And make sure you do your self exams! 💛🐓🥰 [chicken block pattern by @hollygetsquilty, inspiration for making an entire chicken quilt by @quiltylove, fabric from @beyondthebolt.ri] 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...