Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

twelve | a quilt for Ethan

I delivered a quilt to a guy I've known since he was a toddler and now he's a college student and I'm feeling very old. Ethan taught Ezra piano all last year so I made him a quilt to say thank you and also to congratulate him on his high school graduation. Only took me five months too long! I'm always intimated by quilting big quilts and I end up kicking myself when I make them, but Ethan is an adult and needed an adult size quilt. I started quilting and got overwhelmed by the bigness and put it aside and just looked at it where it sat in a heap on my floor for a while. After getting a few baby quilts done to recover my confidence I was ready to finish it and I got it done over the weekend while watching Never Have I Ever. Anyway, Ethan is a coffee addict (and he works at Starbucks!) so I made twelve coffee cups since he completed twelve years of school (we're ignoring kindergarten to make things easy, thirteen cups would've been weird). I kept the rest simple and the back is completely plain because I'm not sure any college freshman wants my idea of a fun quilt on their XL twin bed at URI. - Fun fact: Ethan lives in the same dorm that Matt did! - It was quite an adventure getting to Ethan's house today (car accident in front of us, flat tire, two hours on the side of the highway, it was fun) but this was a real bright spot in what is a very stressful day for so many reasons. So, Ethan, thanks for teaching Ezra how to play the piano and congratulations on your graduation! You're going to do amazing things in life and I can't wait to see what they are



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...