Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

just peachy | a quilt for Olivia

Blake and Josh are about to welcome their first baby, Olivia. I had been wanting to use Bonnie's peach fabric in something for a while and I thought Blake would like it so I ordered a yard and a half without a any ideas of what I'd made. I didn’t plan on making a whole cloth quilt but after I got the peach fabric I decided I couldn’t possibly cut it up. The back is a soft burnt orange double gauze. I had fun echoing the peaches with some free motion quilting, and then when I didn’t find anything in my stash that would make a suitable binding, Rory and I walked down the street to my local sew shop (so convenient, I can never move) and picked out this metallic gold print. Again, not what I planned, but perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...