Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

seaside stars | a quilt for Ives

I made this quilt for Ives, my dear friend Ari's third baby. She knew pretty much exactly what she wanted for pattern and color and I set out to recreate it. Luckily my quilting friend Tina pointed me in the right direction when I asked what the pattern was. I’m not very familiar with traditional blocks and I thought this was a variation on a sawtooth star, but Tina informed me that they’re actually Ohio Stars - thanks, Tina! With that knowledge I drafted a pattern so I could figure out how much fabric to buy and let me tell you, I didn’t make a single mistake. I calculated how many squares and how many quarter square triangles I needed exactly. Honestly, I couldn’t believe I did so much quilt math successfully on my first try. I dug through my stash to find the perfect blues and then went off to Ryco and bought way more fabric than was necessary. I spent a day cutting and sewing while watching Emily in Paris back in the fall (HOW did it get nominated for a Golden Globe, I'd like to know) and finished the quilt in time to give it to Ari at her zoom shower (I dropped it off at her mom’s house the week before). I’m so pleased with how it turned out and I hope Ives is too! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...