Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

little library | a quilt for Linnea

I’ve wanted to make a quilt using @katebasti’s tall tales quilt block for years and recently I had the perfect opportunity because I learned our favorite local librarian was pregnant with a baby girl. I had so much fun selecting fabrics to feature on the covers of the books, and while I made quite a few mistakes while piecing that I had to rip out and do again (for so many reasons - my paper piecing skills were rusty, I was interrupted because the kids were fighting, I was too absorbed watching @sexeducation on Netflix, I was sewing too late at night to see properly, etc.), this was still a really enjoyable quilt to make. But it will be the only time I make this quilt. I think. I don’t do well with really skinny pieces. I’m really happy with how it turned out, even the back, which I misjudged on one side and ended up having to cover a big piece of selvage that clashed with the rest of the back with a cute star print that matched the binding (photo). I hope Linnea dreams sweet dreams under this quilt, makes forts with it, has picnics on it, and that it keeps her warm and cozy for years to come ✨ Also, big thanks to my friend Steph for taking these photos when I volunteered at her middle school library one day this past school year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...