Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2015

New England Winter | an inspiration mosaic contest

Rachel over at Stitched in Color is hosting a little contest sponsored by Cuts of Cotton in which entrants select nine fabrics from the shop's offerings to create a mosaic that represents winter in some way, our interpretation of "iced parfait." I created my mosaic using fabric from a few of my favorite designers - Lizzy House, Alison Glass, and Carolyn Friedlander, plus a couple others. It's made up of deeper hues which evoke a New England winter: snow falling silently in the woods, frozen ponds, and days of harsh sunlight. Midnight is cold and deep. We sip steaming mugs of tea and wear wool sweaters. Frozen moss crunches underfoot when I step outside. Rhode Island has been absolutely freezing lately, and this palette seems perfect for the frozen Ocean State. I'd love to make a winter quilt with this collection of fabrics, perfect for warming up by the wood stove with hot chocolate after a snowy walk around the neighborhood. Visit Stitched in Color to create your own mosaic, or check back on Friday to vote for your favorite! If you like my New England Winter mosaic I'd love if you would click over and cast your ballot! :)

1 comment:

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...