Pages

Monday, November 24, 2014

high tea with Rose | Besos

My friend Hillary and I used to to have tea together often. If you were a regular blog reader a couple years ago then you may remember our tea tour! We visited little cafes and tea houses around RI and blogged about our experiences at each place. Well, we had gone to one last place (our ninth stop on the tea tour!) before Hillary moved away which was just before the time I went on my unplanned blogging hiatus. It's been bugging me that I never wrote about our last stop on the tea tour, so here it is...
We went to Besos in East Greenwich for their afternoon tea service and enjoyed their spin on a traditional tea. We had mini Mediterranean wraps, salad, and cucumbers stuffed with cheese, and then profiteroles, tiramisu, and strawberries with fresh whipped cream. Of course we had tea, too, but I honestly don't remember that much about the tea! I think we shared a pot of peppermint.
It's been a little over two years since Hillary moved out of Rhode Island and I still miss her! I wish she lived closer so we could continue to enjoy each other's company over cups of steaming tea.
"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea." 
- Henry James

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...