Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

local artist Tom Gastel

At the beginning of the year I used an illustraton by local artist Tom Gastel  in one of my posts. Tom contacted me to ask if I would like to share more of his work on my blog and I agreed - his watercolors are very pretty and mostly all of Rhode Island locations. What's not to like?

Tom is a RISD architecture grad, licensed architect, and illustrator. Some of my favorite illustrations are his house portraits. I think a custom illustration of one's home would make a great gift. In fact, I hope to be able to gift a couple myself some day!

All of Tom's illustrations are also available as note cards and can be found at local shops like Craftland and Books on the Square.

If you love Rhode Island like I do you'd be interested in Tom's book for sure. It was published in 2008 and is titled Sketchbook Rhode Island. The book features Tom's watercolor illustrations of local historical buildings, gates, food, and flowers along with hand lettered text. Find it at risd works, the risd store, the Brown University Bookstore, Books on the Square, and Barrington Books 

Look for Tom's illustrations in the winter issue of edible Rhody coming out very soon!

images 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
If my memory serves me, that first image was in last year's winter issue of edible Rhody and was the illustration that introduced me to Tom's work.

1 comment:

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...