Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

an ebelskiver morning | the best breakfast

Last week we had some dreary days and our house needed some warming up, literally and figuratively, so instead of the usual oatmeal I decided to make ebelskivers for breakfast. I received the pan as a gift from my mother-in-law a couple years ago but haven't used it too often, and I thought these little filled pancakes would be an enticing breakfast for Ezra. 

Sure enough, he loved dumping all the ingredients into the bowl and whisking them together. He also ate raspberry jam by the spoonful when I was pouring batter into the pan. Great start to the morning. He did eat about six ebelskivers once they were done, so I'd say they were a hit.

After enjoying a couple batches of ebelskivers over the next few days I resolved to make them more often. Combine an ebelskiver pan with a recipe book or a can of pancake mix for a Christmas gift! Or buy them for yourself... your toddler will thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I *NEED* one of those pans now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look wonderful and yes, I like seeing those little hands sneak into the picture as well

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...