Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

a day of thanks

Last night I couldn't sleep because I was just overwhelmed at how beautiful life is. I think that a lot of times I am blind to the little things in my life that add up to the bigger picture, but I'm making an effort to notice from now on. There are so many reasons to give thanks - for my little boy and his funny face. for a warm home and a soft bed. for a car. actually, for two cars. for dear friends. for my church home. for blank pages in new notebooks. for chocolate chip cookies, brownies, and hot chocolate. for books and the library. for pretty wrapping paper and ribbon. for blogs. for corduroys. for Target. for butternut squash. for family that lives close by. for quilts and snuggling. for magazines. for mugs of hot tea. for my glasses. for opportunity. for my husband who is my perfect match. for God who brought us together and redeemed us. most of all, for this blessing called life and the ability to experience it - this beautiful, messy, and lovely time on earth.  

Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. Psalm 107:1

And a few things to keep you busy while you're waiting for that pumpkin pie to come out of the oven later on...
- love this offbeat Christmas card, via foxtrot press
- I want my Thanksgiving feast to look just like this one
- this is my favorite advent calendar of all time
- I've never been interested in whoopie pies until now
- there are no words for this guest room in a short bus, via Handmade Charlotte
- and for all you locals, free holiday parking in Providence will be in effect on Friday!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...