Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

bread and veggie goodness | my recreation of a Seven Stars classic

Yesterday I talked about Seven Stars in my post about their annual coat drive, and I forgot that I planned on writing about my favorite sandwich from the same bakery today. So welcome to unofficial Seven Stars week at the tiny hummingbird! A couple of weeks ago I bought everything I would need to recreate my favorite sandwich, the vegetarian from Seven Stars. It's composed mainly of mozzarella, arugula, and roasted red peppers which are all layered between two halves of a freshly baked baguette spread with black olive tapenade. I could eat one every day and not get tired of it. Since I love them so much I decided it would be a good idea to try to make it at home so I can have one whenever I please. I wasn't brave enough to make my own baguette (maybe someday!) so I bought that at Seven Stars. The fresh mozzarella was from Narragansett Creamery, and I picked up the roasted red peppers and tapenade at Trader Joe's. The greens I used were a spring mix from Olivia's Organics. I figured I'd have the arugula with some other greens mixed in for added nutrition. 

Something about the sandwich from Seven Stars was better than mine, but I'm still glad I tried it.

I'll definitely be making it again... now I just need to start making my own bread. 

images for collage: mozzarella / tapenade / arugula / baguette / roasted red peppers

2 comments:

  1. This looks awesome. My parents are veggie and I think they'd be all over a recipe like this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! I made one of your stews and that was very good as well. Half the battle with dinner is finding a good recipe. Your recipes make it easier for me to decide what to make! Thanks Tara!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...