Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

what's cookin' // a gift idea

Do you ever have trouble figuring out what to get your mom or mom-in-law for Mother's Day? I do! Candles and pretty notebooks are nice and all but they just don't cut it around here. I know our moms hope for something a bit more thoughtful and personal, so after my dad got me and my mom the class at Johnson & Wales for Christmas I had a "eureeka!" moment. We (Matt, Chris, Becky, and I) would get a certificate for a class for my mother-in-law for Mother's Day. 

To make the gift a little more special (and so there would be an actual gift to open instead of just an envelope!) I made her a simple apron to go along with the certificate. I think this apron might be my new favorite gift... it was so quick (took me about an hour and a half from start to finish) and it's perfect for so many occasions - make one to give to a friend for her bridal shower along with a set of mixing bowls, bring one to a housewarming party along with a nice wooden spoon or rolling pin, or even to a recent high school or college graduate who's going out on her own for the first time and will be eating away from home and out of the dining hall. Maybe include your favorite cookbook. Or just make one for yourself. 

2 comments:

  1. Cooking class sounds perfect for my mom-in-law as well! And I absolutely adore your apron (and your stripe top as well! I LOVE stripey things, I must say!). Also, thanks for stopping by at my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...