Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

DIY: cork & chalk inspiration boards

A stack of magazine clippings, odd ribbon scraps, and other treasures of mine had been collecting in a pile on one of the shelves of my craft room and I realized I needed some where to display them. I had been wanting to hang some sort of inspiration board for a while and then, while doing laundry one day, it dawned on me that we had a couple of old window frames in the basement that I could enlist for service. 

I cleaned them up and Matt painted them, and I cut cork to fit the screened window frame and he painted the window panes of the other one with chalkboard paint. In order to attach the cork to the screen, I had Matt cut a piece of plywood to fit the back and then hot glued the cork through the screen onto the wood. And voilá!

I immediately tacked up all my magazine clippings, some graphics designed by our friend Matt, a Tibetan prayer flag that came with some junk mail about a week ago, a Christmas card from my Aunt Kathi, and a little metal coin.

The chalkboard is the perfect place for my sewing 'to do' list, and what do you know - it looks like I can even check off item number two! It's so nice to finally have a place to display all my favorite illustrations, photos, and odd bits of my life that I've collected. Do you have an inspiration board? 

3 comments:

  1. Nice work. Ever hear of instructables.com? Tons of "how tos" there from food to tech. I've used it for a bunch of projects at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this project: it's very creative and practical! I'd like to do something like this for my home now. =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...