Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

a birthday treat // brownie in a box

Last night we celebrated my brother's birthday with a little dinner with family at my parents' house, but I wanted to make sure he had something special last week on his actual birthday. A brownie seemed like it would do the trick, so I packaged one up nicely and made sure he had it on the third.   

I don't know about you, but I have lots of little cardboard boxes left over from times that I've received jewelry as a gift... they seem to just pile up! This is a great way to repurpose one of those old boxes. Just cut wrapping or other decorative paper to size and cover the bottom and the lid separately, wrapping around the edges so they aren't exposed. If you're packaging a brownie or other food item, make sure to line the box with wax or parchment paper. I added a layer of coordinating tissue paper to make it a little more festive. Then stick the lid on and tie it up with a ribbon or some baker's twine.

I think it makes quite a nice little package, and the contents are certainly worth looking forward to. This is definitely a gift I would like to receive. Hope you enjoyed it, Bren!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...