Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

tea leaves

If you've been reading the tiny hummingbird for any length of time you know I love the library (thanks, Ben Franklin), especially my library. Ezra and I are there at least once a week picking up volumes on our current favorite topics: food from scratch, Paris, and toilet training. Home Made falls into the - you guessed it - food from scratch category.  

This section on making tea is one of my favorite parts. Author Yvette Van Boven describes how to forage for ingredients and blend flavors. I'd love to explore making my own brews because lately I've been sticking to wild raspberry or tazo passion, but I need to mix things up. The best tea of all time (yes, it's that good) is Aveda comforting tea and I've recreated it in the past with just peppermint, licorice root, basil, and fennel (that's all it is!) but I think it's time to perfect my blend. In fact I think I'll go have a cup right now. What are your favorite teas? And you simply must go check out Home Made and the rest of Yvette's work!

4 comments:

  1. i was thinking after i left it would be fun to have you and ezra over and have tea. we could pick one to make together. wow. genius.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good idea! let's get it on the calendar :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Tara! I LOVE tea! And this is such a great book.

    I was introduced to your blog in our Alt classes and really enjoy reading it and getting to know you! As a result I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award.

    You can check out the post here, and hopefully you'll have as much fun with this as I did.
    http://lilyandscooter.com/2012/02/tag-youre-it/

    xoxo,
    Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mackenzie! I'll have to check it out soon!

      Delete

Leave a comment or just say hello!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...